Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Mr. Romantic

So as I wrote yesterday,  I went out and got my nails done and oh was I excited about showing them off! So that evening when I saw my husband, I showed him my nails and all he said was... "they're nice". They're nice? They're nice? Ummm anything else? Hahha! I guess as a girl who puts a lot of thought into it when I do my nails I expected kind of a different reaction. I know every girl goes through the moments when they have been  told lots of  sweet words from a man. But the reality is, we cannot have false expectations over them. I want to tell you today ladies that's it's ok if your husband, boyfriend, or dad doesn't always notice your nails or your new hair cut or outfit. There is a source that we have the luxury to go to when our emotional tank is on empty and that's the true Mr. Romantic... God!
God desires to fill our tanks with His sweet kind words and be excited with us in our joyful times ...

"Therefore I am now going to allure her;
I will lead her into the wilderness
and speak tenderly to her." Hosea 2:14 NIV

"The Lord appeared from of old to me [Israel], saying, Yes, I have loved you with an everlasting love; therefore with loving-kindness have I drawn you and continued My faithfulness to you." Jeremiah 31:3 AMP

"How precious and weighty also are Your thoughts to me, O God! How vast is the sum of them! If I could count them, they would be more in number than the sand. When I awoke, [could I count to the end] I would still be with You." Psalm 139:17-18 AMP

"The LORD your God is with you,
   the Mighty Warrior who saves.
He will take great delight in you;
   in his love he will no longer rebuke you,
   but will rejoice over you with singing "
   Zephaniah 3:17 NIV

In our world there are many distractions for us to turn away from God as being our Mr. Romantic. We seek our worth from what other people say, what others do to us, how they react to our outter beauty, and even by flirtatiousness. By adding God into your daily life, you can spend less time worrying about things you can't control and more time being loved by a being who vows to love you with an everlasting love. So I encourage you today that next time you feel emotionally empty turn to our loving God to sweep you off your feet to whisper sweet love songs to you .



MUA!!
*Judie*

No comments:

Post a Comment